1. Get Javon Walker fired up and ready to play. Walker is a head case, but he’s got ability, too. We need him badly tonight. He’s playing against his old team and nemesis, Dr. Shanarat, so that should count for something, right? Hopefully, Kiffin has pushed the right psychological buttons, enabling Walker to forget about his ailing leg and remember that he’s got something to prove, not only to the Broncos, but to the Raider Nation. Pride and poise, Javon, pride and poise.
2. Denver had an awful rushing defense last year, and the trend should continue on Monday. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to open up holes at home against the Broncos, and there’s no reason not to turn McFadden loose. Kiffin is talking about using McFadden with caution. Well, this is no time for caution. Just turn him loose.
3. Which brings us to: Play to win, don’t play not to lose. Seems obvious, doesn’t it? But how many times have we seen the latter over the past several years? I trust that Kiffin is now ready to play to win, based his own comments from last year.
4. On that note, memo to the Caveman: Blitz! No, really, it’s okay to try. It won’t hurt. Lots of defenses do it. Here, let me help you…
5. Stay loose, have fun, live it up. I’ll be there, and I know I will.