Five Postgame Takes
1. The more things change, the more they stay the same, so fire up the Clown Car! I have also included a screenshot from Arian Foster's first-quarter touchdown romp. Look at the Clown Car, look at the screenshot, and let me know if you notice any resemblance.
2. This isn't just a matter of being 0-2. It's how we got here, with a weak effort against the Jets, and a beatdown by the not-so-mighty Texans in our home opener. We are clearly bad in all phases of the game right now. At this point, it's looking like we'll be lucky to win four games.
3. What is it about the Raiders that turns a perfectly competent #2 receiver from the Packers like James Jones into a bumbling, careless double-fumble offender? Alameda is like the Bermuda Triangle, where fundamentals go to die.
4. Derek Carr will likely be fine. I think he has the ability and mindset to be a cornerstone quarterback. But he's been thrown into an awful situation. He's like the lone beacon blinking through the dirty fog of a vast wasteland. He deserves better.
5. I said it before, but it bears repeating: No matter what situation Reggie and DA walked into three years ago, there's simply no excuse for a lack of improved performance after three years of (alleged) culture change, two full drafts and a free agency period with tons of money to spend. So either things will improve, or we'll be watching the end of the Reggie-DA era in slow motion as the season progresses.