Raider Take Express
1. Victor emailed to thank Raider Take for challenging the Raiders Haters, and he had a pretty good take himself: “But you know what, the fact that they hate the Raiders just makes me even more proud to bleed Silver and Black. Hate means jealousy…Not all franchises in the NFL have the tradition, Super Bowls, HOF players, camaraderie between owner, players, and fans as the Raiders do.”
2. Mike of Sports Blogs Daily emailed that he has placed Raider Take on his Ultimate Sports Blogs list. It’s a cool concept, as Mike explained: “I've started a website called Sports Blogs Daily where I compile a list of links to the daily sports news and all of the links are to blogs. No major media outlets allowed. It's similar to Buster Olney's blog on ESPN.com, except I link to passionate, knowledgeable fans like you instead of writers on assignment.” Mike, I'm actually on assigment. I was abducted by aliens last year. They put a chip in my skull, and said: "Go forth and obsess about the Oakland Raiders, compose haiku to smite the Raiders Haters, and worship the man in the white sweatsuit."
3. LK, Frkyraider and I all caught the NFL Network interview with Warren Sapp, who is high on our draft picks, saying that Howard essentially has wings for feet, and that Huff is the real deal. He also said that Shell is setting a tone of authority, fairness and expectation. Click on the “Video Features” sidebar at NFL.com to check it out.
4. I know that some readers swear by the Football Outsiders, but what's with them ranking the Raiders QB chart 30th in the NFL, five slots behind the fearsome duo of Charlie Frye and Ken Dorsey? The doubting of the Raiders is shifting from the epidemic to the absurd. This time, it really is us against the world.
5. ESPN’s hair was surely on fire in the wake of Raider Greg’s latest Raider Nation Podcast, in which he eviscerated "the worldwide leader in sports" for its latest hate crime against Mr. Davis.
6. Stick’Em “raised the black flag” in a cool take (known as a "stick" on his turf), which included some kind words about Raider Take. Anyone who frequents these parts is familiar with the creative, insightful commentary of Stick’Em. He recently launched The Raider Way, which promises to continue “poking a sharp-pointed stick in the eye of non-Raiders everywhere.” Check it out!
7. Calico Jack of Silver and Black Forever announced that he is hitting the high seas with a few barrels of rum until he crashes into the sands of Hawaii. Randy from Raider Nation Podcast is also going on vacation soon. While these guys no doubt sold these excursions as “summer vacations” to their families, we know the truth: they are pre-preseason vacations, timed perfectly to miss nothing important in the NFL.
8. Psycho wrote to tell us about an NFL.com poll asking who will win the AFC West. While I didn’t see the poll before it closed, Psycho said that the results tracked closely with the NFL preview guides that have all ripped the Raiders. Poor little lemmings, drinking the koolaid of the preview guides and clicking away in favor of the Chiefs and Chargers, about to be blindsided by the autumn wind.